Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten!

The kids just completed their first day of Kindergarten, what a milestone! They had a few functions at the school before the big day so there were familiar faces and they didn't have to lug all of their supplies in the first official day. They are half day in the morning and are there about 2.5 hours, enough for a jog and a small errand!

They didn't offer much information but were happy with their first day and enjoyed a Chic Fil A lunch afterwards.

I'm a pretty sentimental personal person and thought I may shed a few tears but in the end it was so chaotic with all the kids and parents there that we were running a bit late and had to do a quick kiss and go. There was one mother in the room with tears streaming down her face and I felt bad for her child, he was probably worried she may never return! So I held it together and enjoyed Starbucks, a jog in Golden with Pierce, and a little park time..Ahhh...

 A little practice pre first day with the dry erase math/letter cards from Manga and Papa...

 How many pictures do we have to take Mom??
 Here's a keeper!

I saw an idea on Pintrest where the child wore a t-shirt with their HS graduation year on it every year for the first day of school. We may just do that Monday:)


2 comments:

Grands said...

Love the pictures!
Kindergarten....where everyone is "kind" and like a "garden" you grow.......
So glad you had a wonderful 1st day ! Enjoy this year and the next 16 or so of school!
ox
manga

Anonymous said...

And NOW they really will know it all, cause you do learn it all in kindergarten. I LOVE the shirt idea. As for me, I still love summer vaca. xxxxx 5 times. Aunt B