And just like that...the black cloud appeared! My sweet snuggly toddlers wanted to demonstrate their independence and control and push their parents buttons. So after a week or so of "how do we deal with this?" we settled on a sticker chart for positive rewarding and I found the Super Nanny book to be helpful framework for discipline and consistency. We're only in day #1 but they have responded well to the stickers and say "I did it!" when they put a sticker on the chart. It's not how we can change our normal independent three year olds, it's how do WE cope as parents.
Despite the "dressing" box on the sticker chart and withholding juice and sweet snacks, Dre is resistant to putting on ANY clothes. It took until 4:30 pm to get his pants on, but it was a victory. Even with the chilly day he would only put on his hat and boots to go outside. I am grateful that we don't have to get out the door for any activities or school at this point. We will have many a story when this sweet boy is older!
3 comments:
well...at least he has darling little cheeks! Could he possibly be training for the Snake Pit? I will keep you in prayer. xo Aunt B
Dre and Carter are blessed with awesome parents! To come up with a positive reward system, feel free to use a Manga phone call too!
love to you all
Manga
Again, I agree with Manga, you two are awesome parents... and finding a positive reward system is great! I hope things get a little better, keep us updated. As Rebecca keeps growing, I may be calling for advice :-)
XOX - Erin
Post a Comment